Pre + Post Treatment
Before You Book
Microblading is not for everyone. Please ensure you can follow the recommended healing time and after-care instructions before booking your appointment.
Before Your Appointment You Must NOT:
- take blood thinners 24-48 hours prior (this includes alcohol, vitamin A, vitamin E, ibuprophen or other pain medications, prescriptions for thinning blood, aspirin)
- drink caffeine (minimize caffeine intake day prior to and day of appointment) due to risk of increased discomfort and bleeding
- have exposure to sun day before or day of procedure, deeply tanned skin has increased melanin production and will not have predictable pigment retention
- exercise day of appointment
- have botox or facial peels or laser treatment 2 weeks prior to procedure
- be on Accutane
- be undergoing cancer treatment
- be pregnant (it is also not recommended if breastfeeding but that is a personal decision)
- have a heart condition
- have a skin disease
- be undergoing treatment for a serious medical condition
***If you are currently undergoing treatment for any major health condition, you must notify me prior to booking. A doctor’s note may be required. If you have any severe allergies we may need to do a skin test prior to appointment date***
Please follow these instructions to ensure proper healing and maximum colour retention. Remember that the colour appears brighter and more sharply defined immediately following the procedure. As the healing progresses, colour will soften. You should wait to interpret final results until the healing and touch up is complete.
Your brows have been cleansed with a gentle anti-microbial cleanser and a liquid barrier has been applied. Tonight, you will use a warm face cloth to do a gentle wipe of your brows and then you’ll apply a thin layer of the After Ink cream.
Apply After Ink Cream 3-4 times a day with clean finger or Qtip. This will prevent scabbing and keep your skin from tightening as you heal. Slight redness and minor swelling is common for the first few days.
FOR THE FIRST 10 DAYS
- Avoid sun exposure (wear a hat outdoors if possible)
- Avoid heavy sweating
- No swimming, saunas or hot tubs
- Keep as free of water as possible, face away from shower when washing, try using face cleansing wipes instead of regular washing, pat brows gently to dry when they do get wet
- Don’t allow brows to dry out completely, try and keep hydrated with After Ink Cream
- Avoid all acne or anti aging products which will completely lighten your pigment or cause greying
IT IS VERY COMMON TO HAVE ONE VERY ITCHY DAY AT THE END OF THE FIRST WEEK FOLLOWED BY SOME SKIN SLOUGHING….DON’T PANIC JUST RUB WITH YOUR CREAM AND A QTIP IT WON’T LAST LONG!
Your brows will be light this week following the sloughing. This is normal and expected. You can apply light amount of brow makeup after your skin finishes sloughing. Use a warm facecloth to gently rub the flaking skin away.
BY DAY 21 you can see the shade that your brows will stay. You are considered fully healed at this time and can resume normal activity. Please wear sunscreen on your brows if outdoors.
WEEK 6 is when you can return for a follow up. This is when we perfect and define your brows. The follow up is really what makes them look natural and evenly pigmented. It also is necessary to make them LAST!!
I HOPE YOU LOVE YOUR NEW BROWS AND I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN!